Saturday, February 05, 2005

Google backlinks and PR numbers

Well I am pleased today when I found that Google now says I have another 30 backlinks. Just wish they could find the other hundreds of links out there that point to my site.They now say I have 60 backlinks to my site the real number is 345, which is not that many yet but I am working on it.
As for Google PR numbers they have to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. They used to make some sense but as of last summer they make no sense. I have been looking at thousands of sites in the last 4 months and the google rating on these sites makes no sense.
I have seen PR 6 sites with no content and 1 link to another site and other sites with tons of on topic content with a PR 2 and PR 3 rating.
I do Google searches and then check the PR rating for the sites and find some of the sites that show up high on a search have a very low PR rating and sites that have a high rating showing up very deep on the list. This seems to make no sense to at all.
This is one of the main reasons I have started pushing myself to make my link directory. If you have hundreds if not thousands of link partners of similar websites you will get more visitors to your site.Getting more steady traffic to your site not relying on search engines that keep changing the way they do things. That is not to say that search engines are a bad thing getting hits from both are great but linking will get you more steady visitor traffic to your site day in and day out.
Check out my link directory here. The site I have been pushing is here you will notice I list my link directory 2 times on my home page The fairy tale that every visitor will buy from you is just that. Visitors are going to look at your site but at some point they are going to leave. I want them to go to sites that have linked to me. We hope they have spent some money on my site before they leave.
When trading links watch out for sites that make it hard to find there link pages as these are the type of sites that you will get little to no traffic from. These types of sites are fine to trade links with if you want to improve your back links with the search engine but do not count on sales from these sites.
You want to trade links with sites that are not afraid of showing there link page link where there visitors can see it. Well that's it for now. Time to refill the 7-11 Pepsi cup
Henry
check out Zeus the best link directory program I have found


No comments: